Legends of Elveron
Forums for Legends of Elveron

Home Guide Forum Archive
FAQ SearchRegisterLogin

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1678 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 112  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Religion
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 02:13 

God doesn't exist by the way.... just thought I'd let you all know incase you were wondering.

Can I be an atheist in the game? :-)

Think about it.... same probability as the toothfairy.
hope this becomes a heated argument, because ive got great ammo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 02:56 

why do u say God doesnt exist then?

cus i do believe in God and am kinda curious

*takes the bait*

edit 2- By the way it seems that people that go and announce something in that way are ignorant and think that they are smarter than everyone else without looking at both sides. so if we are going to have this discussion then you have to be able to say more than thats not true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 04:02 

Make it a three-way. I say God does exist. But first of all homerbadman, I ask you, and answer truthfully, have you read the entire bible and understand the things it says? Or any other religious book like the Quran?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 04:05 

PenguinElite on my side? wow thats a major upside!!!! I live for your posts :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 04:12 

So do I, cobra. So do I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 04:52 

PenguinElite wrote:
Make it a three-way. I say God does exist. But first of all homerbadman, I ask you, and answer truthfully, have you read the entire bible and understand the things it says? Or any other religious book like the Quran?

I have read the entire Bible - and I do not believe in God (in fact, *reading* the Bible only makes the idea of God even more absurd than it already is) However, I have no desire to take part in this actual conversation - as it is futile. Both atheists and theists come to the imaginary discussion table with their minds already made up - there is no point in having a debate where neither party is willing to compromise, or even acknowledge the possibility that the other is right. Basically, as long as you keep your Bible-beating out of my life, I could not careless which ridiculous premises you choose to entertain in your own.

<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 04:53 

hum well can you prove that god does exist? I personally don't believe in God I've also read the bible and understand it, but the bible to me is more of book of umm whats the word i'm looking for I keep thinking good stories but morals is also in the back of my head.

and no just because the bible exists doesn't prove that he exists, and also I can't personally prove he doesn't either

"LUF says
Mini-freud asks you about your mom. Critical attack! You take 999 damage. You die. Mini-freud wins 4 exp. points. Mini-freud found a wallet."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 07:42 

Location: Wrapping Roy Orbison in clingfilm. Yes, I know he's dead. So what?
Witch King wrote:
hum well can you prove that god does exist? I personally don't believe in God I've also read the bible and understand it, but the bible to me is more of book of umm whats the word i'm looking for I keep thinking good stories but morals is also in the back of my head.

and no just because the bible exists doesn't prove that he exists, and also I can't personally prove he doesn't either

First off, why should someone have to disprove something without any basis? I can't disprove the Celestial Teapot or the Flying Spaghetti Monster but both are ridiculous to pronounce as true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 07:55 

I could write a crock of shit too.

I want the public schools to leave my children alone. No condoms, no heterosexual ed. Under the guise of sex ed, public schools are trying to instill un-Catholic views into our children. The public schools, and the gay lobby, want access to MY CHILDREN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 08:09 

Location: Wrapping Roy Orbison in clingfilm. Yes, I know he's dead. So what?
Graduated Plum wrote:
I could write a crock of shit too.

And it might actually be entertaining or useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 08:39 

umm whats the word i'm looking for - WK

you are looking for several words: "mother of fairy tales". i dont know any fairy tales without stories and morals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 08:52 

Intrepid_Death wrote:
Witch King wrote:

First off, why should someone have to disprove something without any basis? I can't disprove the Celestial Teapot or the Flying Spaghetti Monster but both are ridiculous to pronounce as true.
Pastafarians ftw.

[01:48] <knicoal> Rick!! are you ass-raping realms??????
[01:48] <knicoal> thats my job
[01:48] <knicoal> knock it off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:06 

If you think it's a bunch of morals and stories the you don't understand it. The hebrew scriptures (first half) were actual laws of Israel. Whether or not God gave them, historians agree that these were the laws of that nation. The stories in the Hebrew scriptures have very little to do with morals, as most of it is about Israel's growth.

The Greek/Arabian scriptures are a recording of Jesus, who happened to use illustrations (stories, if you will) to make points about how we should act.

No one's done very good a job at proving evolution. They say there is a "missing link" but there are a whole lot of "missing links" in evolution.

And the bible was written by a bunch of writers over hundreds of years so it was not just some guy's crazy idea.

I agree with des that these convos never get anywhere, but I enjoy arguing anyway so that's cool. But I extremely doubt that many of you have read the bible. Most of you hear what science books say about how stupid the bible is or you hear crap from a priest or maybe, just maybe, you read a scripture or two and base your entire decision upon that.

And also, I find it just as easy to believe that there was an eternal God that created life as it is to believe that the universe just started and everything exploded to make life (purposely worded it to sound more ridiculous than it is, but it's still ridiculous.)

And the bible doesn't prove God exists. Nothing proves God exists. But it's not completely faith and hope either. The bible provides solid evidence that has recently been found true by historians. That's why I believe in God, I look at all the evidence and choose what makes the most sense. I don't just accept what is taught to me or what most people think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:25 

I haven't read the bible, but what's taught to me in R.E. has led me to believe the bible and 'God' is bullshit, even though I go to a catholic school. Nobody I've asked has been able to prove to me that the bible is true.

Then again, I can't say I believe in evolution and the big bang. How am I meant to believe that there was this one incredibly cramped atom that exploded and everything in the universe was inside that. Until someone can prove to me that the entire universe is expanding, it's bullshit too.

I just don't care, in the end. =/

I want the public schools to leave my children alone. No condoms, no heterosexual ed. Under the guise of sex ed, public schools are trying to instill un-Catholic views into our children. The public schools, and the gay lobby, want access to MY CHILDREN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 14:51 

God exists by the way.... just thought I'd let you all know incase you were wondering.