Damhnait or BriedisAlignment:
These forest dwellers are the ancient descendants of the common deer folk who were captured and mutated by nature magicians that lived in supposed harmony with them. It was said the cruelest evil came from the gentlest hearts, and so these creatures were captured for the use of a private military to try and conquer the forests. After continual mutation these beings developed a very high intelligence, and their musculature became overdeveloped making them the largest creatures in their time. Their bodies swelled with iron hard muscles, their antlers became sharp as daggers, and they had a speed unmatched for centuries. Through time, the Damhnait's realized that they were superior to their creators and so rebelled against them. They obliterated their masters, without mercy, for their masters had become lazy and ignorant. From this time on these creatures roamed the forests of Elveron searching to free any beings that are under oppression or cruel rule.Bonus and Penalties:
- Plus 5% population
- Production of all resource buildings are increased by +10%
- Buildings take 14 hours to constructMilitary:
Name Off Def Rtn Trn Cas Mag Spy Price
Roe 4.0 8.0 9.0 110 635
Velvets 4.0 9.0 100 495g
Antler Spearer 7.5 2.0 10.0 12.0 100 1375g, 175l
Iron Hides 7.0 11.0 95 1300g, 150r
Old Bucks 8.0 1.5 1.0 2350g, 200fd
Freed Ones 2.5 9.0 9.0 80 .1
Yearlings --------- WORKER --------- 105g
- Max of 70% of "normal casualties" of Antler Spearers are retrained as Freed Ones on successful attacks.
- Freed Ones require only .15 bushels of food per hour and no housing.
- Since Freed Ones are followers of the Dahmnait they gather each +.45/h of lumber, iron, and food, +.2/h of diamonds, magic dust, and gold.
- Roe's are trained directly from peasant.Racial Spells:
- Early Remembrence SELF, ONE TIME- While active each Antler Spearer gains +1 offense during the day against evil races, and increases casualties by 15% for all troops attacking. Cast amount = Land*3
- Maturation SELF- Retrains 1.5% of all Yearlings to Old Bucks. Can only be casted once every 16 hours. Cast amount = Land*5Buildings:
- Spring Meadow (Home) - Forest
- Foraging Party (Farm) - Forest
- Cannot Build Slave Pits
- Foraging Party (Farm) - Grassland
- Council of Elders (Court House)
I'm not sure about troop costs, I'm not sure what I need to increase, or decrease. And using lumber for the Roe is just an idea. I originally had it gold and a lot less lumber.
Criticisms and critique welcomed!
My first race, and I just wanted to see how it goes.
Not sure about the balancing either, although it seems pretty stable.
EDIT: How do I do the military coding to get it in the table?
Never mind, got it!
Freed Ones: From 4 offense 3 defense to 2.5 offense
Changed racial spell from Distress Call- troop return time decrease by 1 hour, incoming lad increase by 2 hours to Maturation (current)
Changed Antler Spearer ability- Retraining max 50% of Antler Spearer losses on succesful attacks to Freed Ones, now it's Antler Spearer convert 2% of enemy population on a succesful attack to Freed Ones