Legends of Elveron
Forums for Legends of Elveron

Home Guide Forum Archive
FAQ SearchRegisterLogin

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 06:17 

I'm working on a series of changes to manual mode that should greatly enhance usability:

- The way I keep ops around and do calculations on the backend has been greatly improved. You won't notice this directly, except for possibly improved execution times (doubtful).
- When you have more than 1 target available, the calculator will calculate defense for all of them and send you the relevant data for ALL targets, with only the selected target shown. If you change the selected target, a JavaScript function will change the displayed defense & ops to the newly selected target. This will prevent you from needing to wait for a page refresh to see a different target.
- When you have multiple ops available on the same target, manual mode will now give you control over which ops are being used in the calculation (similar to how automatic mode does). The selection mechanism will be semi-intelligent and will attempt to adjust which ops are being used if you paste in new ones for an existing target.
- Change to Lesser Farsight functionality: the calculator will now display the number ON THE LESSER FARSIGHT that is being used in the "farsight" column, in yellow. This is different from previously, where the "farsight" column showed the "adjusted" number from the LFS that was being used. The mathematics of the calculated column will remain the same, so this is a mostly cosmetic change.
- Elementals will now show the confidence intervals for units in training.
- Fixed a problem with the confidence intervals when using LFS and MS home+away.
- Units that have no offense and thus cannot be "away" will no longer show anything in the "away" column (previously, they always showed 0). I can revert this change if people want me to.
- The (non-functioning) casualty report adjustment box will been removed.

If you want to play with the upcoming manual mode version before it gets pushed to live, you can use it at http://beta.legendscalc.com/

WARNING: The version on beta is my development version. One or more of the following will apply:
1) There will be math errors due to improperly implemented items (aka, bugs)
2) Things will not display properly
3) Certain buttons will not work
4) The calculator will become unresponsive at random intervals when I upload broken changes

Not sure I'm going to have much development time this weekend to clean up minor issues, but I hope to be able to push this to live before the next round starts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 05:50 

Okay, I think I have a basically-finished product out there on beta. One possible "point of problem" that I'm still thinking about how to handle is what happens when people put in Building, Farsight, Improvements, or Land ops from different times. The current behavior of the calculator is as follows:

1) When you put in a new op, the calculator checks it against already-input ops for that kingdom to determine which ops to use. In every case, the calculator will not set an op "to be used" if it was previously set "not to be used", either by the user or automatically when previous ops were entered.
---a) if the new op is a Military Spy or Lesser Farsight, the calculator checks which HOUR the new op is from. If it's a newer hour than the existing op(s) of the same type, the existing op(s) of that type are set to not be used. If the new op is from an older hour than the existing op(s) of the same type, the new op is set to not be used. If the new op is from the same hour as the existing op(s) of the same type, the new op is set to be used.
---b) if the new op is a Building Spy, Farsight, Improvement Spy, or Land Spy, the calculator checks the complete time. If the new op is from a newer time (or the same exact time), the old op(s) of the same type are disabled. If the new op is from an older time, the old op(s) remain enabled and the new op is disabled.

2) Users have the option to re-enable ops the calculator automatically disabled and force the calculator to use them.
---a) for Military Spy or Lesser Farsight ops, the calculator performs the normal "synthesization" of the ops -- it will take the lowest and highest numbers for each unit across all of the ops and use those numbers to build its confidence interval & calculated defense.
---b) for Building Spy, Farsight, Improvement Spy, or Land Spy ops, the calculator will only use information off of the LAST OP PASTED IN. This means that if you paste a Farsight from THIS HOUR in, and then later paste a Farsight from TWO HOURS AGO in, the calculator will be using the data off of the TWO HOUR OLD Farsight.

It's this last behavior (described in 2b) that I'm thinking of changing. Anyone have opinion one way or the other?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 14:49 

The new Manual Mode v4.0b is now live on the main calc.

I've also implemented the changes for the upcoming round, as published by Kalle so far.

I also fixed a bug where Orc taverns were treated as 0.7* if the calc didn't have a total land size and was only using tavern%.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 05:26 

I'm working on a way for you to be able to edit values for a manual mode target. I have the style only working at this point - everything is as it would look if I didn't make any changes, but if you press the "Edit Values" button, the calculator will refresh the page and do nothing with the edited values.

The logic for actually handling the edited values will be written in the near future. In the meantime, I really need a few people to slug some ops into http://beta.legendscalc.com, click on the new "Edit" links in the various areas, and let me know how it looks, whether you would suggest any changes to the appearance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 04:00 

Manual mode value editing is complete and is live on http://beta.legendscalc.com ONLY. If you can come up with a way to break it before the round starts, please let me know so I can get it fixed before I synchronize the new features over to main. +2 gold stars for any bugs in value editing found and reported.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 05:03 

full ops were run on at least one kingdom from each race. all ops appear correct.