Like usual I am too busy to completely run such a thing but I do like the idea and I do think there needs to be restrictions on the decks. I'm aware that Lorax has a league going but it seems to me that it's just too limited in what cards you can play with and since there are apparently so few players it's hard to find people to play. That's why I am proposing we start a new league. Inspired by this league
I suggest a league with the following rules.
1) This is a league. I am not responsible for how often you play or who you play. You may play anyone else in the league as often as you like.
2) You start with a preconstructed deck. You may choose any preconstructed deck sold by Wizards of the Coast. If you change decks however you have to start over. We might want to allow players to eventually have 2 decks for variety, but if they do so they must be sure to keep the two card pools seperate from each other.
Notes on Precon decks:
The Preconstructed League's Banned/Restricted List is the same as Legacy's. If you ever get a banned card (or a second restricted card), post it. You can get it replaced with a card of your choice from the same set.
If you choose a Core Set Precon deck that's 40 cards, you can give yourself 2 core set boosters to help make your deck legal.
You have access to unlimited basic lands for use in your maindeck. Basic lands are not allowed in your collection, but they ARE allowed in your sideboard. Snow-Covered Lands can't be used this way. You have to get Ice Age or Coldsnap packs to get them.
3) Everybody is going to post a list of their cards that they have in this thread. In addition to minimizing cheating and recordkeeping, I believe this will facilitate trades. You don't need to post what's in your deck, just list your cards in an orgainzed manor (alphabetically, by type, or by casting cost, etc).
4) Every 10 matches you play will earn you one booster of your choice.
5) Trades are encouraged. Just be sure to update your card list after the trade is completed.
6) Other stuff
Games are best 2 out of 3.
If you can't finish a match, it doesn't count.
Report all wins/losses in this thread.
Sideeboard: Sideboards are 15 cards. The rest is your collection.
= Funny weird webcomic that I recently found and that I think you should check out as well. Personally I can't wait to see where it goes next.
PS. Thanks to LUF for making me this imaginary daughter avatar.